The club is delighted to announce it has met the new demanding FA requirements with the award of Charter Standard Status.
Among the requirements were:
- An FA trained club welfare officer
- An FA Level 1 coach for each youth team (U18 and below)
- Criminal Record Checks (CRC) for all volunteers involved in youth football teams
- FA Emergency Aid-trained volunteers linked to each team
- Sign-up to and deliver The FA’s Respect programme
- Appropriate administration governance in place – in relation to the club’s size
- An FA Charter Standard Co-ordinator recruited for each club.
Chairman Tim Richardson explained: “The award is the result of a great deal of hard work by a lot of people at Mousehole AFC and Endorsed Academy over a period of time, and it was certainly not just a simple box-ticking exercise! We are also grateful to Cornwall FA for their helpful encouragement and advice. This is another step in the ambitious progress of the club, and we are already actively working on the requirements for further awards.